Cleft Lip and Palate
Cleft lip and palate are common birth defects that can affect a child's looks and how they eat, hear, speak, and develop.
Board-certified plastic surgeon Stephen Hardy, MD, can use his vast training and advanced cosmetic surgery techniques to repair this defect.
How can Dr. Hardy of Northwest Plastic Surgery Associates correct your child's lip or palate issues at his Polson, MT, surgical center?
Dramatic Cleft Repair from Our World-Class Surgeon
Dr. Hardy has top-level experience performing life-changing cleft lip and palate repair surgery. Contact our Polson, MT, practice today for a consultation if these defects are present in your child. Dr. Hardy welcomes patients from Missoula, Whitefish, Helena, and throughout the great state of Montana.
How Can Cleft Lip and Palate Surgery Help My Child? This procedure...
- Restores normal appearance
- Improves breathing, feeding, and speaking functions
- Can support psychological development
- Enhances self-esteem as child grows
- Improves development of mouth and teeth
- Reduces risk of severe ear infections and hearing loss
Three Facts about Cleft Lip and Palate Surgery
These procedures are typically performed between nine and 18 months of age and can address both small tears, and large or complete lip and palate separations.
Dr. Hardy can use customized advanced procedures and state-of-the-art surgical tools to rebuild the palate by moving surrounding tissue on either side of the cleft towards the middle of the roof of the mouth.
This is followed by joining muscle tissue together, while leaving enough length to allow for normal eating and speech. In severe cases, Dr. Hardy may need to perform follow up surgeries as your child grows.
A Passion for Pediatric Cosmetic Surgery
High Praise for Dr. Hardy's Polson, MT, Practice
Dr. Hardy and his staff are phenomenal. My son was born with a cleft lip and palate and has had multiple surgeries and I couldn’t have asked for a better doctor for him!View on Google
Dr. Steve Hardy and his staff are top notch. I have been a patient of Dr. Hardy’s for over ten years. He was with me through my fight against breast cancer and performed numerous surgeries and procedures on me for my mastectomy and reconstruction. He is a perfectionist and a kind and caring man. When I walk into his office I know I will always be taken care of.View on Google
Why Reach Out to Us for Cleft Lip and Palate Treatment
- Vastly Educated
- Dr. Hardy has an Ivy League education and is fellowship-trained in pediatric craniofacial, and cleft lip and palate surgery.
- He is the former Chief of Pediatric Reconstructive Surgery at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center and the University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics.
- Dr. Hardy is board-certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery. Certified surgeons are considered to be at the top of their profession.
- Dedicated and Compassionate
- Dr. Hardy is devoted to providing individualized care and superior results to his pediatric patients.
- Nationally Renowned
- His articles on pediatric cosmetic surgery have been published in highly regarded medical textbooks and journals.
- Prestigiously Affiliated
- He is a member of American Cleft Palate/Craniofacial Association, the Northwest Society of Plastic Surgery, and the Montana Medical Association.
- Conveniently Located
- Dr. Hardy has state-of-the-art offices in Polson, Whitefish, and Helena, MT. Contact us today for a cleft palate consultation.