Natural-looking Facial Implants Can Enhance Your Facial Features
Facial implants can produce natural-looking and long-lasting enhancement for your features. At Northwest Plastic Surgery Associates, we provide a wide range of implants in different shapes and styles to fit your unique facial structure. Silicone facial implants at our Missoula, MT, practice can enhance and balance your facial features, including your cheeks, chin, jaw, and tear troughs. These advanced implants are designed to look and feel completely natural. Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Stephen P. Hardy uses very small incisions to place implants and provides detailed guidance to promote a fast recovery.
Are You a Candidate for Facial Implants?
You may be an ideal candidate for facial implants if you have:
- A receding chin
- An undefined jawline
- Sunken cheekbones
- A lack of facial contouring
- Asymmetrical facial features
To determine your candidacy for this treatment, Dr. Hardy will meet with you during an initial consultation to evaluate your health, medical history, and cosmetic goals. He will also take measurements and show you photos from past procedures so the appropriate implant size can be chosen to achieve your desired results. If implants are not the best option for you, Dr. Hardy may recommend a fat transfer or another facial procedure in order to help you achieve your goals.
The Facial Implant Procedure
Your facial implant surgery at Northwest Plastic Surgery Associates will be performed as an outpatient procedure. Your surgery can take anywhere from about 30 minutes to two hours, depending on your specific treatment plan and the areas you are addressing. The basic steps involved in your procedure will include:
- Anesthesia: Our highly qualified team will administer local or general anesthesia for optimal comfort.
- Incisions: Dr. Hardy will make small, discreet incisions for your implant placement. Your incisions may be located inside your mouth for chin and cheek augmentation, or through your lower eyelid for a tear trough procedure. Throughout the surgery, our surgical team will carefully monitor your blood pressure, heart, and oxygen levels for your safety.
- Sutures and Bandages: After your implants have been placed and secured, Dr. Hardy will seal the incisions with stitches or absorbable sutures and apply a compression garment over your face to minimize swelling and bruising.
Our team is dedicated to providing personalized, natural-looking results for every patient.
- At-home Care: Dr. Hardy and our team will send you home with detailed post-operative instructions on how to care for your surgical site, medications to take, foods and activities to avoid, and tips to promote quick healing.
- Follow-up Appointments and Final Results: In about seven to 10 days, Dr. Hardy will remove your sutures. You can expect to return to work and daily activity within the first two weeks. Once the swelling has decreased, you can enjoy your final results in about four to six weeks.
Plan Your Treatment
Our team is dedicated to providing personalized, natural-looking results for every patient. To learn more about the facial implants we provide and how they can improve your appearance, contact our practice today to schedule your consultation with Dr. Hardy.