A Customized Neck Lift Can Rejuvenate Your Entire Appearance
At Northwest Plastic Surgery Associates, a neck lift, can remove excess skin and fat deposits from the neckline to tighten skin for a smooth and younger-looking appearance. Neck lift surgery is conducted at our Polson, MT, practice by Dr. Stephen P. Hardy, a board-certified plastic surgeon. This procedure can decrease wrinkling and sagging skin around the neck area to help you look more toned and youthful. Trusted with referrals from specialists in the field, and awarded for his outstanding surgical performance, Dr. Hardy has the skill and personalized approach to ensure your results flatter your features and look natural.
Are You a Good Candidate?
The jaw and neckline are one of the first areas to show visible signs of aging. You may be an ideal candidate for a neck lift if you have:
- Wrinkling skin on the neck
- Saggy jowls
- Double chin (excess fat)
- Excess skin under the chin (“turkey wattle”)
- Weakened neck muscle (platysma)
Several factors, such as heredity, weight gain and loss, stress, environment, and the natural aging process can all affect the natural contours of your face. A neck lift can help turn back the clock to rejuvenate your appearance. Dr. Hardy can also perform a brow lift, liposuction, chin augmentation, or lip augmentation in addition to your neck lift for an overall facial enhancement.
Dr. Hardy works with an excellent team to provide the latest technology and least invasive techniques for effective neck lift procedures with aesthetic, long-lasting results. We also provide specialized planning and patient education for each patient we see. At Northwest Plastic Surgery and Associates, you are a valued member of our family, and we want your experience with us to be exceptional. We can help you decide on the right procedure for your needs, whether it be a neck lift procedure or non-invasive rejuvenation treatment.
What Does a Neck Lift Involve?
When meeting with Dr. Hardy during your initial assessment, he will review your health, medical history, and cosmetic goals to formulate a personalized treatment plan. Each neck lift procedure is unique, especially if you choose to undergo additional treatments. However, the basic steps involved during a neck lift procedure include:
- Anesthesia: We will administer the appropriate anesthesia for your treatment based on the extent of your procedure and your level of comfort.
- Incisions: Dr. Hardy will make small incisions around the ear and hairline to reposition the fat, tissue, and skin for a contoured jawline. Your incisions will be discreet and made in such a way to heal within the natural contours of your face.
- Sutures and Bandages: After Dr. Hardy has finished reshaping the area, he will close the incisions with sutures or skin adhesive, and we will carefully place your bandages to minimize swelling and bruising. If necessary, Dr. Hardy can also place a small drain under the skin to remove excess fluid.
Within two to three weeks post surgery, you can begin to notice an aesthetically contoured neckline and an increase in self-confidence.
Your Recovery and Results
After your procedure, Dr. Hardy and our team will give you detailed, personalized post-operative instructions to follow for a smooth and quick recovery. These instructions will include details regarding:
- Caring for your surgical site and drains
- Medications to take
- Signs of complications
- Daily activities to avoid
To expedite your recovery, we also recommend keeping your head elevated above your heart, avoiding smoking, and minimizing your stress levels. For the first few days, you may want a loved one to stay with you after surgery to help you complete daily tasks. Most patients only require one to two weeks of downtime. Within two to three weeks post surgery, you can begin to notice an aesthetically contoured neckline and an increase in self-confidence.
Smooth Your Profile
If you are self-conscious with your appearance, let us help you achieve a smoother, younger-looking jaw and neckline. Contact our practice today to schedule your consultation and learn more about the cosmetic procedures we provide.