NeoGraft®: State-of-the-art Hair Replacement
Hair loss can be extremely concerning for both men and women alike. In the past, those with receding hairlines and thinning hair had to use traditional methods of hair transplantation that often resulted in significant discomfort, extensive recovery times, and noticeable scars.
Fortunately, Dr. Stephen P. Hardy proudly offers NeoGraft® at his Missoula, MT, practice as an innovative and minimally invasive way to restore your natural hair. NeoGraft® is the first and only automated hair restoration device that has received Class One approval from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). To learn more about hair transplantation with NeoGraft®, schedule an appointment today.
Candidates for NeoGraft®
Good candidates for NeoGraft® are men and women who are seeking to address the results of genetic hair loss. Genetic hair loss, also known as common baldness, is the most common type of hair loss. With men, the condition most often results in a receding hairline and the loss of hair on the top of the head. Women can also experience common baldness, which usually results in the thinning of hair over the entire scalp.
NeoGraft Animated Explanation Video
The NeoGraft® Procedure
Undergoing treatment with NeoGraft® is a four-step process:
- Removal of donor hair: We will gently remove individual hair follicles from the donor area on the back of your head using a special handpiece. The area should heal and return to its normal appearance within a week.
- Graft extraction: To improve success rates, we will extract each hair graft with a consistent diameter and length.
- Site preparation: Dr. Hardy will prepare the transplantation sites based on a detailed and personalized plan.
- Hair graft placement: With the help of computer-guided technology, Dr. Hardy will transplant donor hairs into balding and thinning areas of your scalp. Since there are no incisions or stitches involved, discomfort and recovery times are greatly reduced.
After treatment, the newly transplanted follicles will eventually regrow natural hair.
Benefits of NeoGraft®
During traditional hair grafting, a surgeon removes a three- to four-inch strip of tissue on the back of the scalp. The area is then sewn closed, and the strip is divided into 500 to 2,000 grafts. Each graft contains one or a few hairs, which the surgeon places in the desired area of the scalp by creating holes or slits with a scalpel or a needle.
When compared to traditional hair grafting, NeoGraft® offers patients several benefits:
- Special controls allow Dr. Hardy to precisely extract complete hair follicles with consistency and precision, resulting in a dramatically increased take rate.
- The use of advanced, automated technology makes NeoGraft® the least invasive hair transplantation method available. NeoGraft® is a non-surgical procedure, which means no staples, stitches, scars, or significant discomfort.
- The new, natural hair that grows after treatment can be worn and styled however you like.
We can explain the full benefits of hair transplantation with NeoGraft® during a personal consultation.
Schedule a NeoGraft® Consultation
Dr. Hardy is proud to offer this new and significantly improved hair restoration option. To learn more about NeoGraft®, reach out to our practice today.